Hellllllllo, Offbeat Homies! Welcome to December. I know it’s a few days old, but moving into December feels like an important time of year. I’m looking at lots of posts about winterizing, holidays, parties, cookies, and inclement weather. Southern Hemisphere! I love to hear what life’s like for you, and we’ve got a post just for you coming up later this week.
I have a challenge for ALL readers, both hemispheres, any continent: I want to meet your offbeat pets. I’ll be looking through photos for one of my childhood cat Mischief, a runty calico missing a leg and an eye. Share your non-standard poodles this week right here.
Clicky Links: All-LEGO edition
- Check out the Google Science Fair trophies these girls won, then tell me those wouldn’t be AMAZING sitting on a fireplace mantle.
- Dig it: a clock made with LEGO and animated with two Mindstorms.
- The Cult of LEGO, a book about the lively community surrounding the brand, gets really good reviews from LEGO diehards.
- Industrial designer Psychic Factory mocked up a concept product which combines the idea of LEGO blocks with the need to distribute food AND build homes effectively in the third world and in disaster-struck places.
- Tis the season for building all your Christmas decor out of LEGO.
Got something to share? See your options on our Submissions page.