Your home on the web for all things offbeat.
Dedicated to helping you create a comfortable space for yourself in this world, Offbeat Home & Life celebrates non-traditional folks as they navigate the weirdness of carving a place that feels like home.
We continue the mission of our sister site, Offbeat Wed (formerly Offbeat Bride), exploring how people authentically integrate and express their personalities through their homes and lives.
We cover a pretty broad spectrum of topics, including stuff like…
- Making rentals feel lived in and loved up
- Keeping your space clean & organized, without feeling anal
- Budgeting and career issues
- Relationship stuff like navigating chores, compromising, and sex
- Family issues like dealing with parents and siblings, as well as deciding when (or if!) to start your own family
- Style and grooming stuff that’s pro-body-love and confidence
- Finding friends and maintaining your relationships
Offbeat Home & Life launched in February 2011 by Seattle publisher, Ariel Meadow Stallings, author of Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides. Our original name was just Offbeat Home, and we were mostly focused on home decor stuff.
In January of 2013, we expanded our focus and name to Offbeat Home & Life to better reflect our goals of supporting and cheerleading our readers through all aspects of of their lives. Then our sister site Offbeat Families merged into our archives, so these days, while we still feature a fair amount of decor, DIY, cooking, pets, and entertaining… we’ve got an expanded focus that includes a ton of LIFE stuff: family, budgeting, relationships, sex, and pop culture.
We’re not as active as we used to be… but we’re still here.