Hellllllllo, Offbeat Homies! Let’s get the week going with a look at what’s been going on in the world of our readers, taken from the Offbeat Home Flickr group.
- Do you have an old globe at home and you aren’t sure of its age? Kottke has a handy guide for dating your globe based on how outdated its countries are.
- Batman coffee table on Neatorama.
- TAnk wants to make sure everyone gets a chance to admire this woodsy love-seat made by NanaMontana.
- MAKE’s post on an incredibly geeky key rack Instructable.
- LOOK AT THIS it is wooden car on Lost at E Minor.
- Summer’s ending in the Northern Hemisphere — preserve it with Offbeat Mama’s guide to pressing flowers.
Got something to share? See your options on our Submissions page.
Comments on A hot pink tipi and a suave cat in our reader photos
Egads! These pics rock this week from top to bottom. 🙂 The cat now = my desktop background. “I may be drying, but I’m still just a *little* better than you.”
Katie’s picture makes me think of this: blog.pigtailpals.com/2011/08/waking-up-full-of-awesome/
Clearly, Katie got that memo.
AAAH THIS POST.
VELOCIRAPTORS! CATS THAT LOOK LIKE MINE! A GORGEOUS LADY WITH SUSPENDERS! BUNNY! COLOURS! MAGIC! SO MUCH MORE!
My first thought was suspenders?!?! Then I put on my translation brain. Nice matching tipi braces 😉
I used to go to a summer camp as a kid and we all slept in teepees. I NEEDS A TEEPEE! That pink hair is rockin’. I’m wondering if I could get away with it at my new job… Hmmm… 🙂
I love this roundup! And not just ’cause my bunny is in it. 😉
That tipi? Gorgeous. The cat? So swank and adorable at the same time. Velociraptor guarding veggies? Totes awesome. A basket full of rose hips? Me=jealous. And the hot air balloons? Now on my bucket list.
Dudes, duuudes, we have awesome lives!
I love your bunny! Is s/he a French or Satin Angora?
This reminds me of my desire to go to a balloon festival one of these days.
isn’t that teepee in Enchanted Forest, outside of Salem, Oregon. It looks awfully familiar
As a catless cat person that cat picture made my insides all warm and fuzzy and added to my I want a cat NOW lust
Woo! Indianola is my hometown!