On Mondays, we like to ease into the week with photos from the Offbeat Home Flickr group. Some of them are decor porn and others are just interesting things y’all are up to at home. I hope it makes your Monday a little nicer!
- Thanks to Ruby for sending in this story on Dan Phillips, who makes homes out of landfill waste in Texas.
- Ang sent me Mitch Steinmetz’ giant photo album coffee table.
- Check it out: five things maybe you didn’t know you could do on Offbeat Empire sites.
- Stephanie on Offbeat Mama wrote up super helpful tips for thrifting.
- Pull up a chair and practice your writing in this backyard/writing classroom.
- LUFF-ly DIY outdoor decor — pom pom vines.
Offbeat Home wants your shots! Upload your photographs to our Flickr pool and we’ll alllllll look at them. If you want a nudge, take a look at these tips for photographing your home. You can also submit stories, tours, how-tos, questions, and clicky links. Check out the submissions page for all the information.
Comments on Interesting ways to display a pencil collection, organize snacks, and show off cowboy boots
Dude I checked all three sites not 15 minutes ago and no new articles and suddenly facebook alerts me to a new post.
That toaster is ridiculously awesome and I love the idea of the dishwasher-as-a-snack-cupboard. And the nerdy needlepoint. All awesome.
Edited to add: I see kitty paws above the snack cupboard!
Awesome kitty find!
Love the pencil collection. So colorful.
I’ve seen photos where people use paint chip samples as art. I love that sort of thing. Little colorful things that add up to a big thing when you group it all together purposefully.
I should try the paint chip thing, I love collecting them for some reason…
What a great use for a dishwasher! I love Dan Phillips’ philosophy– here’s a video about him too. He seems quite the character: