Hi Homies! I need your creative advice.
My husband and I recently moved into a new apartment which we love… except for one design detail. The bathroom counter has a permanent pink shell soap dish attached to it right between our sinks. I would put soap in it but we use liquid soap. So… there it sits. Mocking me.
I’ve tried to embrace the shell, but when the rest of your bathroom theme is NOT shells… what’s a gal to do with this permanent soap dish? –Katy
Wow, that’s a super-specific problem. I can honestly say, I’ve NEVER seen a perma-soap-shell before. I kinda like it! Although, I use liquid soap as well, so I can see why that shell thing would bug.
Here are a few of my suggestions, and we’ll let the Homies throw theirs out there as well…
- Jewelry holder — place to hold your rings and things when you wash your hands
- Potpourri dish — make your bathroom smell less like poop
- Q-tip holder — fan your q-tips out in a shell pattern
- Use it as a liquid soap coaster — just find a dispenser that fits inside the shell pattern
- Get decorative soaps — you know the kind you never use because they’re too cute! Something like these…
Okay Homies, who else has one of those weird permanent soap dishes? What do you do with yours?