We have this basket that’s become the wire/electronics/camera bin. It lives on a shelf (seen lurking in the background of this shot) and Tavi has recently discovered it. Time to clean it up! I rescued all the camera/electronics out first, and then let Beans have his way with it for a while:
Then I took all the cords out and went through them. The rough breakdown:
- 30% for electronics we no longer have
- 20% redundant USB cords
- 20% for electronics we have but rarely use/don’t need cords for
- 30% useful, relevant cords
I got rid of a lot, and then organized the remaining cords into an unused shoe organizer in the hall closet. The end result, with a random boomerang:
Next organizational thing to tackle: the hall closet itself.
It’s actually not that bad — just a few big things out of place that make it look crazy. And that baby, hiding in the back.