Another big week of Offbeat Home posts! We’ll kick it off with another big group of Flickr group photos. You ready?
Loudshannon’s showing off a mess of vegetables and a greenhouse “under construction”. I don’t know what the end goal looks like, but this looks like a pretty rad greenhouse already.
Love the green and yellow together, and the awesomely-retro design of these bathroom tips in verticalhouse’s john.
And drmflt’s got cheeky art, too. A silkscreen on fabric, yeah?
Everything, everything, everything about mariegael’s studio makes me want to grab a book from the fireplace and curl up with Schrödinger on the bed. The Murphy bed.
So are the Homies a bunch of cat people or what? We have, like, a 3-to-1 cat-to-dog ratio around here. drmflt’s cat looks completely natural in this setting — this is an apartment MADE for a cat to live in.
Orbital199 says this dining room painting is unfinished, but it looks spectacular from here. I’m starting to be really impressed by all the art y’all are flaunting.
And finally, this week everybody is going to Spaaaaaaaaain!!!! Gaze out that balcony window and prepare yourself; it gets way better than this.
Let’s see the Clicky Links!
- My friend Jen knitted a lightweight wrap/scarf of many colors from two skeins of Japanese Noro yarn and is auctioning it to benefit the Red Cross’ tsunami relief efforts. Jen’s knitwear is soft and beautifully made. Please take a look and consider a bid.
- Are you ready for an orange treehouse kid’s bed? YES!
- Check it: a collection of gothy lights that could go from the club to your lair.
- Ten advantages of living (and working) in tiny spaces.
- Cortney sent me a link to Hicksville, a motel made up of vintage travel trailers. My next vacation is planned.
- And OBB Comunity Manager Ang wanted y’all to see this clock for math geeks.
Offbeat Home wants your shots! Upload your photographs to our Flickr pool and we’ll alllllll look at them. If you want a nudge, take a look at these tips for photographing your home.