Cat’s must-accomplish tasks this summer
- Stain the deck. This hasn’t happened yet. First, we had wasps, then we had heat, and then I got lazy. Thankfully, I’ve still got fall!
- Swim. Check and check. Didn’t realize at first how close our new house is to a swimming area at Des Moines’ downtown lake — happily, I figured that out just in time for hot weather.
- Host a raging house party. Fail! We hosted an all-day 4th of July-er, but our first house party is still pending.
- Garden. Major success. I’m not surprised, but I’m pleased with the turnout.
- Set up a rain barrel. Fail. Oh well — next summer.
- Continue the less-car approach. Success. I got a little lazy when it was hot, but Scott bused or walked to work most days, and I managed a ton of longboarding-as-transporation.
- Go to a baseball game. Faiiiiiil. I think the last I-Cubs home game was last weekend.
- Go camping. Half and half. I’d like another go at it.
- See a drive in movie. Always a fail. I will probably continue to fail at this until no more drive-ins exist.
My primary goal for fall: use the deck more (and the grill!)
What’s left on your summer list, and what have you managed to check off? Let’s compare in the comments.