We got two Megan-simple cooking appliances from our wedding registry. I already talked about how much the Instant Pot rocks. But I have to say, I love our Vitamix (the one with the idiot proof soup, smoothie settings) EVEN MORE! It’s incredibly Megan-simple. I’ve made soups, smoothies, and acai bowls.
I recently posted this on Intagram:
And one of our readers posted a question asking if I’d be posting my recipes on Offbeat Home. I’m pretty much just using the recipe book that came with the Vitamix, with a couple easy additions from the interwebs.
But I’ll totally show you my favorite Vitamix recipes if you show me yours!
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1½ cup of frozen blueberries
- One of those frozen acai packets (I use Samabzon), broken into 4 pieces
- 1 frozen banana (broken into 4 pieces)
- 1 heaping cup of frozen chopped kale
- ¼ teaspoon matcha green tea powder
Set the Vitamix to the smoothie setting. And use the tamper if you have to.
Top with granola and bananas and shaved coconut.
My favorite easy green smoothie
- ½ coconut water
- 1 cup of frozen kale
- 1½ bananas
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
Black bean soup
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped onions (I buy them pre-chopped at the store!)
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder (although I might increase this next time)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
Sautee the onions and garlic in the olive oil until they’re soft.
Add the chili powder and cook for a little longer.
And the rest of the ingredients to the Vitamix, then add the onion and garlic mixture.
Set the Vitamix to the “soup” setting.
Enjoy topped with avocado!
I also made a cauliflower soup that wasn’t much to write home about. But if you have a good one, let us know! In fact, let me know any and all of your favorite Vitamix recipes! I have an addiction (and an awesome blender) that I need to feed!