For those of you who loved the waffle Jello shots you’re also going to love this idea for rainbow, orange slice Jello shots! The fabulous hostess behind these culinary delights, Lauren, explained how you can do this yourself…
Prep your oranges
- Cut large or jumbo oranges in half.
- Core out the actual orange (save for fresh OJ!). Now you have halved orange shells.
- Boil water for jello
- Add 1 or 2 cups (depending on the box size of your Jello) of boiling water to jello in a bowl
- Add 1 or 2 cups (depending on the box size of your Jello) of COLD liquor (vodka, tequila, etc.)
- Stir until dissolved
- Pour your mixture into your orange peel cups.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours or more until solid. (You may want to put the orange halves in small bowls so they don’t fall over in your refrigerator).
- Once solid, turn the orange half upside down (rind facing up) on a cutting board and slice.
- Each orange half shell can yield four Jello shots
- Serve and enjoy!
Once you have that down, you can also do this with other fruits like Lauren’s equally delicious Jello shot strawberries.
Comments on Rainbow orange peel Jello shots
OMG these look amazing. The boy and I will be trying them for our upcoming party next month – thanks! 🙂
These are awesome! I’m definitely going to remember this! Oh Yeah!!!
Hahaha! These were a standard fixture at all my childhood birthday parties – without the vodka of course. If I remember correctly, dad used to use some of the juice from the hollowed out oranges into the jelly/jello mixture.
PS. Putting the orange halves in a muffin/cupcake tray would be a good way to keep them upright in the fridge.
Yep, that’s how my husband keeps them upright too when he makes these!
We did some with green jello in orange peels, which in retrospect, was weird. Not great vodka, so they tasted a little lame and weren’t boozy enough to make the payoff worthwhile.
I saw on Pinterest today a picture where someone had done watermelon jello in limes.
I made a bunch of these up for a wedding rehearsal dinner a month or so ago. And because I’m insane, I did orange jello with peach schnapps and So-Co in oranges; strawberry jello with strawberry rum in limes; blue raspberry jello with blue raspberry vodka in lemons (looked awesome by the way!); and orange jello with whipped cream vodka (make these, you will love them!)
OMG genius! These are the perfect solution for awkward jello shots!
I made these a couple months ago as a surprise for my friend at her “favourite things” birthday pary, and they were a hit! They definitely take some time (and man, I was eating oranges for like a week straight afterwards) but are so worth it.
I made these last week for my husband’s University club (Atheist Club) – they were a hit!! I made lime, cherry, strawberry and orange jello with Silver Tequila. I also added a packet of Knox Gelatin to each mix to make them super firm. They were amazing!!!
Comments are closed.