For those of you who loved the waffle Jello shots you’re also going to love this idea for rainbow, orange slice Jello shots! The fabulous hostess behind these culinary delights, Lauren, explained how you can do this yourself…
Prep your oranges
- Cut large or jumbo oranges in half.
- Core out the actual orange (save for fresh OJ!). Now you have halved orange shells.
- Boil water for jello
- Add 1 or 2 cups (depending on the box size of your Jello) of boiling water to jello in a bowl
- Add 1 or 2 cups (depending on the box size of your Jello) of COLD liquor (vodka, tequila, etc.)
- Stir until dissolved
- Pour your mixture into your orange peel cups.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours or more until solid. (You may want to put the orange halves in small bowls so they don’t fall over in your refrigerator).
- Once solid, turn the orange half upside down (rind facing up) on a cutting board and slice.
- Each orange half shell can yield four Jello shots
- Serve and enjoy!
Once you have that down, you can also do this with other fruits like Lauren’s equally delicious Jello shot strawberries.