Remember the Sweetest Vegan? She’s back and making delicious tarts!
Mike Wazowski is the star of the children’s animation Monsters University and Monsters, Inc.
This is how you can turn the lovable Mike Wazowski into a tart! So exciting. This Mike Wazowski tart recipe makes one nine-inch tart.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 avocados
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 peeled, thinly sliced large kiwis
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind 1/2 cup old fashion oats into flour using a food processor.
- Process pitted dates with oat flour until small pieces form.
- Add salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, remaining oats, and water to the food processor and pulse to combine (but not grind).
- Spread the oatmeal mixture over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It should appear browned and dry.
- Allow to cool before filling.
- Puree the meat of the avocados and one peeled banana in a food processor.
- Add in almond milk and vanilla extract and continue to process until well mixed.
- Pour the greed pudding onto the crust and level with a spatula.
Create Mike Wazowski’s face:
- Layer kiwi one top of the other in a spiral pattern.
- Start from the outside and work your way to the center, being sure to cover the white centers of the kiwi.
- Peel and thinly slice 1/2 a banana.
- Arrange a few of the banana slices near the top center of the tart to form an eye ball.
- Place one slice of kiwi in the center of the eyeball for an iris.
- Put a couple of raisins over the white of the kiwi to make a pupil.
- Cut one of the banana slices in half and place them at the top of the tart for Mike’s horns.
- Cut about four banana slices into quarters (or fours).
- Place them where you think teeth should go, keeping in mind that he is usually pictured with more teeth on the top row than on the bottom.
- Fill the space between the rows of teeth with raisins to make the mouth appear more realistic.
Comments on Monsterously tart: Make a dessert that looks like Mike Wazowski
Love this! Totally appeals to my inner Disney nerd. XD
Comments are closed.