Remember the Sweetest Vegan? She’s back and making delicious tarts!
This is how you can turn the lovable Mike Wazowski into a tart! So exciting. This Mike Wazowski tart recipe makes one nine-inch tart.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 avocados
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 peeled, thinly sliced large kiwis
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind 1/2 cup old fashion oats into flour using a food processor.
- Process pitted dates with oat flour until small pieces form.
- Add salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, remaining oats, and water to the food processor and pulse to combine (but not grind).
- Spread the oatmeal mixture over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It should appear browned and dry.
- Allow to cool before filling.
- Puree the meat of the avocados and one peeled banana in a food processor.
- Add in almond milk and vanilla extract and continue to process until well mixed.
- Pour the greed pudding onto the crust and level with a spatula.
Create Mike Wazowski’s face:
- Layer kiwi one top of the other in a spiral pattern.
- Start from the outside and work your way to the center, being sure to cover the white centers of the kiwi.
- Peel and thinly slice 1/2 a banana.
- Arrange a few of the banana slices near the top center of the tart to form an eye ball.
- Place one slice of kiwi in the center of the eyeball for an iris.
- Put a couple of raisins over the white of the kiwi to make a pupil.
- Cut one of the banana slices in half and place them at the top of the tart for Mike’s horns.
- Cut about four banana slices into quarters (or fours).
- Place them where you think teeth should go, keeping in mind that he is usually pictured with more teeth on the top row than on the bottom.
- Fill the space between the rows of teeth with raisins to make the mouth appear more realistic.