Offbeat Bride readers might remember Caitlin and Jos’ wedding. Now they’re Homies who’ve made this awesome industrial noticeboard!
We made this rusted-up, industrial, post-apocalyptic notice board out of a scavenged steel plate. It’s the first step in our post-apocalyptic adventurer home.
Here’s how we did it…
- Find yourself an enameled steel plate.
- Then, using a wire brush, scrub the heck out of it. If you want the “claw marks” in it, use a knife or other tool to create them.
- Either leave it outside for two weeks, or spritz it with water every day for two weeks.
- Then, buff it with sandpaper until the rust/tarnish is evened out.
- Repeat the water thing for two or three days.
- Spray with a sealant to prevent further rust.
- Hang, and use magnets to attach important information!
You could also turn it into a shelf or tabletop if you wished.