Breakfast, lunch, or dinner — ever since I discovered I can make egg and avocado on toast in less than five minutes, it’s become my go-to meal when I’m short on time. In addition to being fast, it’s filling, full of protein, and only about 300 calories!
It took me longer to write this for you than it does to cook this meal…
- cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado
- sliced bread
- hot sauce (optional)
- Put a small, non-stick pan on stove burner.
- Turn burner to high.
- Spritz pan with some cooking spray.
- Grab an egg out of the fridge. (Grab your avocado and hot sauce while you’re in there…)
- Crack the egg into the pan – which is still heating up but that’s fine.
- Put one slice of bread in the toaster.
- Set the toaster and start it. (I use my toaster as my egg timer here; I’ve found that toaster setting “3” makes perfectly golden brown toast AND takes two minutes which is just about perfect for my egg.)
- Cut out a quarter of an avocado. Put the rest in a baggie and put it back in the fridge.
- Smush the avocado against the skin with a fork.
- When toast pops up, turn off the burner, flip the egg, and set it aside. The remaining heat in the pan will cook the egg a smidge more.
- Move toast to plate, and smear the avocado on it with the fork.
- Sprinkle hot sauce on the avocado.
- Put the egg on top of avocado toast.
Take 10 seconds to rinse the avocado-cutting knife and smushing fork and put them away, and put the hot sauce back in the fridge. (Yay, cleaning up as you go!)
More avocado-y goodness:
What’s your favorite avocado toast meal?