If you’re like me and have a little bit of a sweet tooth, but want a healthy alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies, I’ve got the recipe for you. These easy almond meal chocolate chip cookies are delicious, and they’re a great indulgence made with good quality ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1½ cups almond meal (or almond flour)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (I use organic grass fed butter)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
- Stevia to taste
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I use organic dark chocolate and chop it up)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Get a large bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Mix the butter, salt & stevia together, then mix in the beaten egg.
- Add the almond meal (or almond flour) and vanilla extract, continue to mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into small balls (about an inch) and press them down gently onto the tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool before moving.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.