Keep your friends healthy this weekend, and review these Thanksgiving safety tips for pets including…
The biggest hazards to pets on Thanksgiving:
- Rich, fatty foods (turkey skins, gravy, etc,) can contribute to pancreatitis. This inflammation of the digestive gland is painful and can be serious–requiring emergency veterinary assistance.
- Cooked bones can splinter and cause tears or obstruction in a pet’s digestive tract.
- Baking strings, if ingested, can create trouble if ingested by your pet.
- Onions in holiday stuffing can lead to canine anemia if consumed by your dog.
- Grapes and raisin toxins can cause kidney failure in pets.
- Ingesting chocolate can kill your pet.
- Caffeine and alcohol are also toxic for pets.
- Keep all goodies out of reach!