There’s a severe drought in my home state of California (again). This concerns me. So I’m doing what I can to conserve water.
Here are my top water-saving methods:
- letting it mellow
- installing water saving flow regulators
- taking short showers
- teaching myself to turn off the tap while I brush my teeth (it’s sad how hard this habit has been to break)
- Re-using water from my hot water bottle by heating it up again in the electric kettle (instead of waiting for the sink water to get hot).
- Discarding water I don’t need (like from a hot water bottle once my cramps disappear) to water the house plants.
- And studying the comments on this post about how to hand wash dishes without wasting too much water.
I’m sure there’s more I could be doing that I just haven’t thought of yet. Seriously, that electric kettle to get hot water thing… JUST realized that I could be doing that so recently that it’s embarrassing.
So I ask you, Homies: What are your favorite water-saving tips and tricks?