I love baking, especially when it’s sweets. But the only thing better than baking a fresh batch of cookies, is not baking, and still getting a delicious batch of cookies. This is a lightened-up version of my grandmother’s no-bake cookie recipe.
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cups cocoa powder
- ½ cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, depends on your tastes, I use smooth natural low-sugar peanut butters)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups oats
- Place all the ingredients, except the vanilla and oats, into a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring often.
- Let the mixture come to a boil for one minute.
- Then take off the heat and allow it to cool for another minute.
- Add your vanilla and the oats, stirring well to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper, and allow to sit for an hour to set up. You can also allow them to set up in a freezer and they make wonderful frozen treats.
Beware: they are sticky and addictive!