Lately, this is what I make myself as a “midnight snack” — really more like a 1:30 AM snack, or as I like to call it, “lunch.” It’s a simple dish that is quick to make and easily adaptable: hoisin bacon over rice.
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 strips bacon
- greens of some sort: I used shelled edamame. I’ve also done frozen peas, frozen broccoli, and spinach
- hoisin sauce
TIME: 30 minutes if you need to cook rice. If you’ve got cooked rice in the fridge, 10 minutes.
- Cook rice. I use a rice cooker, which is the superior method. I will pretend no other methods of cooking rice exist. I cook my rice with about a half tablespoon of butter.
- Put bacon in frying pan. Heat the bacon to medium high heat, a 6/10.
- Flip bacon when prudent.
- Add greens. If adding frozen produce directly to the pan, use caution. Stir occasionally.
- Salt bacon and green mix, continuing to stir until bacon is cooked and rice is done.
- Top rice with bacon, greens, and hoisin sauce. If dish seems bland, add a little soy sauce to the bowl.
- Feel energized. Conquer your day!
PROTIP: If you’re feeling not-as-lazy-as-me, I highly recommend cutting the bacon into smaller bits before you put the dish together. However, I totally just gnaw on whole strips, like this:
Comments on Midnight snack: Bacon over rice
Midnight Bacon Gnaw Face: so hot right now.
That’s the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen.
Bacon and rice are in my top 5 best foods ever. Why have I never joined them together before?
You look like a wild animal! The Bacon Vole only comes out at midnight to feast upon pork products…
… I read the title as “Bacon over Ice” at first and gagged a bit.
Umm, yes. There is no bad time for bacon. I haven’t tried bacon with sauces other than syrup, so I am intrigued.
Our friend raised and butchered a pig and parted with some of its bacon to gift to us. I am making this with that. OMG, CAT! How Simple? HOW AMAIZING?!
Comments are closed.