This is a recipe given to me by a world-class chef, who claimed it is “the easiest key lime pie recipe in the world.” And it’s true!
It’s a nicely tart dessert, without all that meringue and sugar. And it’s the kind of pie that people love, which makes it fun to bring to parties. (“Oh, this? Just a secret family recipe smuggled out of Europe during WWII that requires 15 days of hard toil, a full moon, and a dash of fairy dust to set correctly… but you’re worth it.”)
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe’s brand)
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit (or 177 degrees celsius for my Canadian friends out there).
- Mix together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and key lime juice until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Allow to cool, then chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.