I hate when vintage homes get remodeled and lose all of their retro flavor. Once-quirky kitchens get stripped of their bright colors, funky appliances, and all personality, and get slathered with boring granite and Home Depot cabinets. Living rooms lose all personality and their fireplaces get “updated” and de-focal-pointed. It breaks my original detail-loving heart.
But there’s hope! This Las Vegas home can give us all a great lesson in how to bring back some retro details to recently-remodeled homes!
1. Paint the front door a fun throw-back color
2. Add a vintage room divider
3. Make the fireplace a focal point again
4. Decorate with vintage items and colors
5. Use retro light fixtures
6. Paint modern kitchen cabinets with throw-back colors
7. Display your vintage kitchen products
8. Use retro patterns wherever you can
What are YOUR favorite ways to vintage-ify recently updated homes?