On cold days I love to make bread and wassail. But I’m kinda lazy/forgetful and have other shit to do.
So I have two very easy recipes for other Homies out there like me…
• 1 pouch(2 ¼ tsp) of active dry yeast
• 3 tsp sugar, divided
• 2 tsp salt
• 2¼ cups warm water
• 5-6 cups flour
• Teeny bit oil
- Mix yeast, 1 tsp sugar, and ¼ cup warm water in bowl. Let sit for 5-6 minutes to proof.
- Add remaining sugar and water. Add salt.
- Start mixing in flour a cup at a time until a dough forms that lifts from sides of mixing bowl.
- Knead bread on floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place in oiled bowl, turning once to coat the top.
- Cover and proof for an hour or doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide in half.
- Place in lightly greased loaf pans.
- Proof for another hour or doubled in size.
- Place in oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes and then remove to rack to finish.
My family loves this bread, but it does need to be stored air tight in the refrigerator. Try it with my spaghetti sauce recipe, it’s DA BOMBDIGGITY!
• Apple Juice
• Orange Juice
• 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks
• Whole Cloves
• Whole Nutmeg
• One Orange
- Stud the orange with cloves.
- Put in crockpot.
- Grate nutmeg into crockpot.
- Add everything else to crockpot.
- Turn to low and enjoy once hot.
The cloves and nutmeg can get very overwhelming so be careful. Juices need to be equal amounts. My family prefers Simply Apple (tastes like an apple orchard jizzed in your mouth for those who haven’t had it) and Tropicana Orange No Pulp, but find what works for you.
After the kids are in bed, a nice spiced rum or a whiskey goes really well with this.