I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and knew I had to try it. We’re big bacon and egg eaters, but I hate being stuck in the kitchen, watching both. This is a great way to get a breakfast/brunch going, for lots of people, or when you’re up early and want to make something awesome. I like this because I can make a few for just the two of us, or two dozen for a family get together.
- Seasoning (I like Creole Seasoning. We’ve also added cheese, curry, chilli peppers, veggies, red pepper flakes, or just salt and pepper. Chose what you want)
- Graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- You will also need a muffin pan (or multiple!)
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the bacon and wrap it around the inside of the muffin cup. Pieces can overlap. Sometimes I rip the bacon in half and make it less bacon-y. Layer the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the tin.
- If making only a few, crack one egg in each cup, in the middle of the bacon. If making multiples, crack a whole bunch of eggs into a bowl, and mix them up, and pour some in each cup.
- Add seasoning to top of egg to taste. Go crazy. Let people pick what they want on top. Our favourite is Creole Seasoning, with some graham cracker crumbs on top. There’s really no bad things to put on top of these!
- Put in oven for 25 minutes. Check eggs by sticking a fork in them, keep them in if they’re still watery.
These are seriously the easiest breakfast ever. I put it in the oven and go jump in the shower, and when I come out, I have a wonderful breakfast waiting for me! If you like your bacon more crispy, you can fry it a bit before sticking it in the muffin pan, but I like easy.