Yes, buying almond milk at the store is oh-so-convenient… but it’s not nearly as yummy or good for you! Plus homemade almond milk has zero preservatives (which does mean you need to drink it up within a week).
And if you want it to be REALLY tasty make it with coconut water instead of plain water. With coconut water you’ll be getting a dose of extra potassium and minerals with an amazing electrolyte boost. Of course if coconut water isn’t your thing, you can always use plain water and this recipe still tastes good.
- 1 cup Soaked Almonds
- 4 cups of coconut water — Young Thai coconuts are the best
This ratio makes the milk on the richer side so you can increase liquid if you want.
- Blend almonds on high in blender for one minute with 1/2 the liquid.
- Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible into a separate container.
- Discard the pulp, and put the strained liquid back into the blender adding the remaining liquid.
- Blend again on high for one minute and then do the same straining technique.