In anticipation of summer, I've already started practicing my iced tea sipping skills. After trying out different tea combinations, I've decided my absolute favorite iced tea is the very simple recipe below. Orange + mint = delicious.
Orange Mint Iced Tea
- 3 bags Constant Comment tea
- 2 tablespoons dried peppermint (in tea ball or rubberbanded coffee filter)
- peel of 1 orange (or two clementines)
- about 4 cups boiling water
- sugar, honey, or sweetener of your choice (optional)
Put tea, mint and orange peel in a heat-safe pitcher. Add boiling water and sweetening agent if desired. Let steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea, mint, and orange peel. Let cool to room temperature and then cool in refrigerator. Serve over ice. LOVE.