It’s Fall where I live, and I have three bags of frozen, homemade, pumpkin puree in my freezer. Obviously it was time to use it.
I started digging through my recipe box and came upon this gem. Pumpkin AND chocolate? Count me in…
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour (white or wheat)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup apple sauce (mounded up, not leveled)
- 3 oz? (1 individual cup) of vanilla greek yogurt (I used Chobani coconut flavored, because they were out of vanilla and it was delicious)
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup allergy-free mini chocolate chips (in the gluten free aisle, gluten, dairy, soy free etc.)
- 9×5 loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the white and brown sugar together.
- Then add yogurt, egg whites, pumpkin puree, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 mins in a 9×5 loaf pan.
Makes one delicious loaf. And I do mean a very delicious, moist, slightly-addictive loaf of heavenly fall bliss.