All told this, project took: six Barbies, two cans of primer, two cans of Stone paint, four bags of feathers, less than half a yard of fabric, miles of hot glue (get the big bag of hot glue sticks), and a shit-ton of patience. However it was so worth it!
Here’s how you can hack your Barbies into Weeping Angels…
You will need:
- Barbies (or cheap Barbie-esque knock-offs)
- Natural Stone Krylon paint
- Cutting tool (I used a rotary cutter)
- Something to hold the Barbies in place
- Small round wooden plaques
- 1/4″ dowels
- Hot glue
- Fabric — I found crinkle cotton was a good way to get the drape I wanted.
- Spray bottle filled with 50/50 Elmer’s Glue and water
- Ultra fine-tipped Sharpie
Our photographer went to use the restroom, and came out saying, “That’s not right — you can’t watch what you’re doing and keep an eye on the weeping angel at the same time!”
And so they began to move…