Since the cooking challenge we are FLUSH with Megan-simple recipes for cooking beginners. Try this out and let us know in the comments how it goes! Bonus points for video.
I hate cooking and this is a simple meal that Megans can totally handle.
- baking dish
- fresh salmon
- jar of salsa (preferably with a citrus flavor like mango or peach)
- a veggie (I like glazed carrots with this, but broccoli works too)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Lay a piece of foil in the baking dish. It should be big enough to fold over the salmon, so at this point the ends are hanging out of the dish.
- Place the salmon in the center of the foil. Sometimes the fresh stuff comes with skin, sometimes it doesn’t – it depends on where you buy it. If it has skin, put is skin-side down on the foil.
- Pour the jar of salsa all over the salmon.
- Close the foil up like a little tent — fold the ends in, too. This means that everything will cook inside the foil and you barely have to clean your baking dish, yay!
- Cook for about 20 minutes. It should be flaky when cooked through.
Serve over rice and eat with a veggie and you have a quick and easy meal — yum!