My cat and I just moved in with my boyfriend. Aside from the one time I moved from one apartment to another in the same building, this has been the easiest move ever. It’s basically within the same zip code. (I don’t get around much.) But by far the biggest annoyance about the move is changing my address.
There are so many places that I keep realizing that I need to tell about my address change. Some of them made the move feel ultra-official, and some of them seem pointless until they really bite you in the ass later…
- Obviously the bank and credit cards.
- Amazon and/or your favorite shopping website — The first time I had something Primed to me, and it never showed up… yeah, oops. I quickly made it Amazon-official after that.
- Waze — If you’re a Los Angeleno, you live and die by the Waze app. And the moment I changed my official home address on that little app, I felt a moment of happy chills.
- Car insurance policy — That one’s a pain in the ass, because then they want to call and chat about it and possibly change your plan. Ugh.
- That one savings account that you forgot about — You obviously got your bank account switched over, because you want your billing and your shipping address to be the same when you’re internet shopping, but don’t forget about those other non-primary bank accounts.
- Your work — I’m not sure how long I let my paycheck continue to be sent to my apartment after I moved out, probably too long.
- USPS mail forwarder, which is a thing I didn’t know existed until Ariel told me about it.
Help! What other places am I forgetting to update my new address?