We continue the mission of our sister site, Offbeat Bride, exploring how people authentically integrate and express their personalities through their homes and lifestyles.
We cover a pretty broad spectrum of topics, including stuff like…
- Making rentals feel lived in and loved up
- Keeping your space clean & organized, without feeling anal
- Budgeting and career issues
- Relationship stuff like navigating chores, compromising, and sex
- Family issues like dealing with parents and siblings, as well as deciding when (or if!) to start your own family
- Style and grooming stuff that's pro-body-love and confidence
- Finding friends and maintaining your relationships
We're very much a reflection of our community, with about half our posts coming in as submissions from our readers. If you're reading Offbeat Home & Life and wishing we featured more people like you, we encourage you to consider a guest post submission.
Offbeat Home & Life was launched in February 2011 by Seattle publisher, Ariel Meadow Stallings, author of Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides. Our original name was Offbeat Home, and we were mostly focused on home decor stuff.
In January of 2013, we expanded our focus and name to Offbeat Home & Life to better reflect our goals of supporting and cheerleading our readers through all aspects of of their lives. While we still feature a fair amount of decor, DIY, cooking, pets, and entertaining, we're loving our expanded focus on just, well, LIFE stuff.