My best friend since I was a child/my downstairs neighbor just packed up and moved away. She's driving with her husband and two dogs in tow from Los Angeles to their new home state of South Carolina. I didn't know what to get her for a "going away present" so I put together a little road trip care package.
Here's what I included:
- For you: A card to read full of sappy shit.
- For them: Chicken strips for the pups to snack on.
- For Now: Peanut butter filled pretzels for the humans to snack on.
- For later: A Los Angeles-themed Starbucks card, for when there's nothing else on the road that's either open or appetizing but Starbucks for miles. Plus she can then keep the card in her wallet and re-use it/think of our home town.
- For home: A shark fin soap from Lush (my favorite gift to give)
- For…ev…er: A 12-hour-long audio book of The Hobbit.
I'm super sad to see them all move away, but it did make me feel better knowing that I was packing them up something helpful AND that would hopefully ease their sadness along the away.
Now I'm curious to know two things:
- What would YOU put in a road trip care package for someone?
- What are other good "going away" gifts?