We are Ariel and Megan and and we're here to talk about homes. The buildings we live in, what makes these buildings feel homey, and the choices we make to get comfortable there. Here are some ways to get started with Offbeat Home:
- Get social with us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
(Or RSS, if that's your thing)
- Set your avatar to appear with your blog comments.
We LOVE blog comments and they're a big part of how we build community around here. Join in!
- Help us fix typos by reporting them.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get Offbeat Home & Life blog posts in your inbox every morning:
These are our most popular posts. Start here!
- Vintage wallpaper. In or out on bright and furry '70s wall kitsch?
- Homemade dishwasher soap: It's phosphate-free and leaves your dishes spotless.
- Renting? Start with our posts dealing with No Damage Decor and also How to impress a potential landlord: the rental resume and even Battle of the blands: making the most of boring spaces
- The 5 things you gotta know before you let that cop into your house
- One big happy family works it out in a high-chroma house
- I love my exercise equipment with its secret hidden use — (The secret use is SEX!)
- Committing pack-rat suicide: how I killed my need to keep absolutely everything
And these reference posts:
- How to move without stress: Tips from a military spouse
- What new homeowners must have as they launch a fresh life
- When a pet dies, what do you do with it?
- How to buy a car without being an asshole
- What you need to know about safe urban biking
- So you think you ought to clean to day: a systematic approach
- Immerse yourself and get to know the community in the Offbeat Home gallery.
- Ogle weird houses, new ideas for parties, and the best offbeat decor ideas we can find on Pinterest.
We are a community-driven website, and LOVE to share your stories. We can't wait to hear from you: Offbeat Home's submissions page